Surgery Package Details
|Cost Of Open Heart Surgery In India
Starts From 4500 USD *
* this is an approximate cost and may vary depending on the condition of the patient.
Stay In Hospital : NA
Post Discharge Stay in India : NA
Success Rate : 95-100%
Package Inclusions :
Besides the above mentioned package inclusions , the Open Heart Surgery package will generally also include the medications if otherwise indicated in the final treatment in India plan that Medicure Team will share with you.
NOTE: Kindly share your medical reports for a detailed diagnosis by our doctors.
Why undertake Open Heart Surgery in India
Because we have the right expertise and knowledge of organizing medical travel tours for clients from across the globe. We have have been serving our clients with full dedication and sincerity. We are proud to work with the best internationally certified hospitals and doctors which enable us to to give you high quality treatments at very affordable prices in India. We have facilitated over 1200+ patients from across the globe with high quality and exceptional services. Out medical tour to India is budget friendly and takes care of all your requirements. We provide a very affordable low cost Open Heart Surgery in India at top cardiac hospitals in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai etc. Not only is the Open Heart Surgery price in India the cheapest in the world but also has the best success rate among all the countries.
Medicure Assist in alliance with various top cardiac hospitals in India provides the best heart surgery packages with top cardiac surgeons of India giving you an exceptionally all rounded best medical tour experience. If you need more information about Open Heart Surgery price in India or different Open Heart Surgery packages available feel free to call us or email us your query.
India has some of the best hospitals for Angiography that conduct these surgeries highly affordable price. Cost of Open Heart Surgery in India is the lowest in the world. Backed by top cardiac surgeons and latest medical technologies the success rate of Open Heart Surgery is extremely good. There are various Open Heart Surgery packages available to the patients who need to undergo this surgery.
READ : Best Hospitals India
READ : Profiles Of Doctors
READ : Patient Testimonials
Different Types Of Open Heart Surgeries
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting CABG Surgery
- Atrial Septal Defect ASD Surgery
- Ventricular Septal Defect VSD Surgery
- Tetralogy Of Fallot ToF Surgery
- Intra-cardiac Repair ICR Surgery
Open heart surgery is any surgery where the chest is opened and surgery is done on the heart muscle, valves, arteries, or other parts of the heart (such as the aorta). The term “open” means that the chest is “cut” open.
The definition of open heart surgery has become confusing because new procedures are being done on the heart through smaller cuts. Some new procedures are being done with the heart still beating.
A heart-lung machine is usually used during open heart surgery. While the surgeon works on the heart, the machine helps send oxygen-rich blood to the brain and other organs.
- Your heart surgeon will make a 2-inch to 5-inch-long surgical cut in the chest wall. Muscles in the area will be divided so your surgeon can reach the heart. The surgeon can fix or replace a valve or perform bypass surgery.
- During endoscopic surgery, your surgeon makes one to four small holes in your chest. Then your surgeon uses special instruments and a camera to perform the surgery.
- During robot-assisted valve surgery, the surgeon makes two to four tiny cuts (about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch) in your chest. The surgeon uses a special computer to control robotic arms during the surgery. The surgeon sees a three-dimensional view of the surgery on the computer. This method is very precise.
You will not need to be on a heart-lung machine for these types of surgery. However, your heart rate will be slowed with medicine or a mechanical device. If there is a problem with these procedures, the surgeon may have to open the chest to do the surgery.
How will Open Heart Surgery be done:
An open heart surgery such as CABG takes between four to six hours. It is generally done following these basic steps:
- The patient is given general anesthesia. This ensures the patient will be asleep and pain-free through the whole surgery.
- The surgeon makes an eight to 10-inch cut in the chest.
- The surgeon cuts through all or part of the patient’s breastbone to expose the heart.
- Once the heart is visible, the patient may be connected to a heart-lung bypass machine. The machine moves blood away from the heart so that the surgeon can operate. Some newer procedures do not use this machine.
- The surgeon uses a healthy vein or artery to make a new path around the blocked artery.
- The surgeon closes the breastbone with wire, leaving the wire inside the body.
- The original cut is stitched up.
Sometimes sternal plating is done for high-risk patients, such as patients of advanced age or patients who have had multiple surgeries. This is when the breastbone is rejoined after the surgery with small titanium plates.
Who needs Open Heart Surgery:
Open Heart Surgery In India may be done to perform a CABG. A CABG may be necessary for patients with coronary heart disease (CHD).
CHD occurs when the blood vessels that provide blood and oxygen for the heart become narrow and hard. This is often called “hardening of the arteries.”
Hardening occurs when fatty material forms a plaque on the walls of the coronary arteries. This plaque narrows the arteries, making it difficult for blood to get through. When blood can’t flow properly to the heart, a heart attack may occur.
Open Heart Surgery is also done to:
- repair or replace heart valves, which allow blood to travel through the heart
- repair damaged or abnormal areas of the heart
- put in medical devices that help the heart to beat properly
- replace a damaged heart with a donated heart (heart transplantation)