When is Intracranial Aneurysm Treatment needed?
The cerebral artery is the important artery that runs through our brain. The walls of these cerebral artery due to some causes, becomes thin and weak. As a result the veins gets dilated and inflates like a balloon where the walls are weak. The size of this cyst can vary depending upon various reasons. There are high chances of this cyst getting ruptured if not acted upon in time. If the cyst ruptures, it can lead to the following:
- Heavy internal bleeding which is known as the subarachnoid haemorrhage.
- Blood clots called as the hematoma.
In order to avoid the future complications, a surgery has to be done which brings the cerebral artery back to normal and to regulate the blood flow in the brain.
Different types of treatments for Intracranial Aneurysm
The surgery done to repair the inflated artery is called as the Brain Aneurysm Repair Surgery. This surgery can be done in two different ways as follows:
- Clipping method:
In this procedure, the scalp, skull and the other opening of the brain are opened. After determining the exact place of the Intracranial Aneurysm, a metal clip is attached to the cerebral artery near the cyst at the base of the neck. This clip prevents the cyst from rupturing. The surgeon the closes the wound. In a period of time, the size of the cyst starts reducing and the metal clip also dissolves in the blood.
- Endovascular Repair Method:
In this method, a wire is entered in an artery in the groin area. This artery leads directly to the aneurysm in the brain. A catheter is also inserted along with the wire. This catheter will coil the blood clot created in the dilated cerebral artery. The removal of blood clot prevents the aneurysm from rupturing.
Important points regarding Intracranial Aneurysm Treatment
Following are the symptoms of the intracranial aneurysm which should not be ignored:
- Seizures and strokes
- Extreme headaches
- Fainting and dizziness
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Vomiting and nausea
- Extreme neck pain
One must immediately consult a doctor if he is experiencing any two of these symptoms
Success rate of Intracranial Aneurysm Treatment in India
After the surgery, only 50% patients lead a fully healthy life. 30- 40% patients continue to suffer from minor headaches and other brain related problems. In a large number of cases, the surgery can become fatal during the surgery or even after the surgery. There is also .2 to3% chances of internal bleeding and haemorrhage after the surgery.
Cost of Intracranial Aneurysm Treatment in India
The cost of intracranial aneurysm starts from 6000 USD in India. The cost of same surgery in countries like USA, Turkey, Europe etc. is thrice the cost in India. The cost can increase depending upon the patient’s medical history, type of surgery to be performed, stay at the hospital etc.
Top hospitals for Intracranial Aneurysm Treatment in India
Following are some of the best hospitals for intracranial aneurysm in India:
- Gleneagles Global Hospital, Chennai
- Columbia Asia Hospital, Gurgaon
- Rockland Hospital, Delhi
- Apollo Hospitals in Bangalore, Chennai and Mohali
- Fortis Hospital, Noida
- Sevenhills Hospital, Mumbai
Best surgeons for Intracranial Aneurysm Treatment in India
Following are some renowned surgeons in this field:
- Dr. Harleen Luther
- Dr. Kishor Chaudhary
- Dr. Virendrakumar Khosla
- Dr. H.S. Maan
- Dr. Vivek Ujjaini
- Dr. Atampreet Singh
- Dr. L Murugan
- Dr. Ashish Srivastava
- “I am from Nigeria and I am 40 years old home maker. 6 months ago, I had a very bad stroke when I was working at home. After that for the next 3-4 days my head felt heavy and it pained very much. I felt like I was losing my senses. When it became unbearable, I went to see the doctor. He told me to do some CT scans MRI scans. It was clear from them, that my cerebral artery had a cyst and its size was very big. My doctor suggested me an immediate surgery. But I couldn’t afford the cost of this surgery in Nigeria. It was an emergency and I had to find another way of getting the surgery at low cost. When I was explaining this to my friend, she suggested me to fly to India for the treatment. I took her advice very seriously and started reading about it online. I came across a website called as Medicure Assist. After going through their website, I understood that they help the foreigners to get treated in the Indian hospitals. This option was perfect for me so I contacted them telling them my urgency. They replied me promptly with the entire plan of the tour. They were taking care of my visa, insurance etc. they also had tie ups with the best hospitals and neuro surgeons in India. As my case was a critical one, they made all the arrangements in very little time. In the next month I flew to India with my family. The hospital that I was admitted in, had a very friendly and cosy atmosphere and I did not feel like a foreigner at all. Plus, the Medicure Assist staff was always there to take care of what we needed. I was successfully treated and taken care of in India. It has been 3 months after the surgery and I experience to brain related problems. All thanks to Medicure assist for their services provided to us at such a reasonable cost.”
- “I am Jack from Ghana. My mother who is 72 years old, was suffering from continuous headaches 8 months ago. When we showed her to our family doctor and after doing all the tests, he concluded that my mother had intracranial aneurysm. The size of the cyst was not very big but it was critical to have a brain condition at such an old age. So we had to operate it. Unfortunately, there were no good hospitals in Ghana and also in the neighbouring regions which provided this surgery. That is when my doctor advised me to take my mother to India and he also told me about a company called Medicure assist which would help us. I wrote a mail to Medicure Assist telling them about my mother’s medical condition. They reverted me back within a day and informed me about what services they would provide us. After communicating through the mails 3-4 times, we finalized the plan and also the cost. Because my mother was old and weak, they made sure to make the best arrangements in the plane, after landing in India, accommodation facilities outside and also in the hospital. The hospital of Mumbai was very good and comforting. There were some minor complications during the surgery, but Medicure Assist assisted me throughout the journey. It is now 5 months after the surgery in India but I regularly receive mails from the company to ask about my mother. We made new friends in India, roamed in the beautiful city and my mother got operated by professionals, and all this happened at a very reasonable cost. People like me who are searching for best treatment options must really get in contact with Medicure Assist.”